OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY addresses the following areas:
Our OT’s are specialized in the treatment of pediatrics and offer families practical solutions for home and school. Led by Department Chair Natalie Loewe, M.S., OTR/L, the clubhouse offers Individual and Group Therapy, free workshops for families and we train other professionals in the community on the complex issues associated with Sensory dysfunction.
Sensory Processing Difficulties
Disruption in the normal processing of sensory information can result in any of the following:
- Avoids getting messy or touching objects with certain textures
- Doesn’t seem to notice mess on face or hands
- Decreased or increased sensitivity to pain
- Difficulty staying on task
- Walks on his/her toes
- Is bothered by the touch of others or touches others to an irritating degree
- Distracted by sounds or lights that others may not notice
- Tantrums are easily triggered by environmental stimuli
- Fear of movement or frequently in motion
- Hypersensitive to bright lights or certain sounds
- Click here for our 5 Minute Sensory Screener!
OT GROUP OFFERINGS
Development of Language, motor skills and sensory integration is the focus of this group. Our Speech and Occupational Therapists collaborate to work on emerging level skills through a structured small group setting. Picture schedules, music, gym time, and circle time help this little crowd to get ready for school! Ages 2-4
Karate for Every-Body: (SEASONAL)
This program uses the excitement of Tae Kwon Do as a tool for physical and emotional development. Our martial arts instructor works together with our Physical or Occupational Therapist to create a dynamic program appropriate for all children that emphasizes coordination, balance, bilateral movement, motor planning, and strength. In addition, the structure and “art” of martial arts provides the children with an engaging format for development of focus, attention, socialization and self-control skills.
Learn printing with a positive outlook and cursive with a smile! For some children the most frustrating part of school is having a head full of wonderful, creative ideas but no way to express them on paper. This unique handwriting program incorporates nationality recognized programs and our own expertise to provide the best possible experience for kids.